Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Indonesia Comic Con 2017


 I think this is one if not the biggest Pop Culture event in Indonesia which is leaning on Western Pop Culture series instead of Japanese one. While i am not interested with Western cartoon series in general, since my company opened up a booth i might as well look around.


Indonesia Comic Con as a convention is not so bad but it just didn't live up to my expectation. For a convention i usually look forward to the toys collection that are sold in the venue and i have to say the variety of toys sold in the event is kinda disappointing. It is probably because majority of Japanese Toys and Hot Toys are sold through my company in here and it is hard for Resellers to get Products outside local official distributor with stricter Customs nowadays.
















 While the variety of toys sold in the Venue are lackluster, i guess the Display showcase are not so bad in IDCC the best one that i saw during my visit is probably on Live4Toys booth where High End Statues from Prime1 Studio, Sideshow and other manufacturers. Make me wonder whether any visitor any of those Pricey high end statues.





 Probably the main reason why the Visitors came for this event is IDCC Main Guest who is most well known as Tommy from Power Ranger series. While i am not fans of Tokusatsu seeing a childhood hero is amazing experience indeed and no doubt Power Ranger merchandise sold like hot cake that day. Indonesia Comic Con is a decent event for its kind but unfortunately it is not my type of event to go so it is unlikely for me to visit another time.

2 comments:

  1. So cool you guys have Jason David Frank aka David! Man! Did I even tell you that Green Ranger is my favourite Power Ranger. Gudetama is so popular lately and certainly adorable. Hmm... The Berserk statue caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought you are a fan of Power Ranger too Dennis! Speaking of Green Ranger, Minipla Dragon Caesar are kinda high in demand in my place

      Delete